SITXFSA001 Use Hygiene
Practices for Food Safety
SITXFSA001 Use Hygiene Practices for Food Safety
This unit describes the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to use personal hygiene practices to prevent contamination of food that might cause food-borne illnesses. It requires the ability to follow predetermined organisational procedures and to identify and control food hazards.
The unit applies to all organisations with permanent or temporary kitchen premises or smaller food preparation or bar areas.
• Follow hygiene procedures and identify food hazards.
• Report any personal health issues.
• Prevent food contamination.
• Prevent cross contamination by washing hands.
Those handling food in a café, restaurant, school canteen, hotel, supermarkets, fast food outlet, sandwich shop, catering operations or other food retail outlets, under supervision.: activate to sort column ascending
- Award issued:Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for SITXFSA001 Use Hygiene Practices for Food Safety
- Course duration: 1 Day
- Course fee: $ 190.00
- Prerequisite: There are no prerequisite, entry, work-placement, licencing or certification requirements for this course.