HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid Course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
Many employers, particularly in industries such as early child care, schol and other education services, require a first aid qualification. There are no prerequisites for this course and it is the minimum requirement for employers. Skills learned include: CPR, AED (Automated External Defibulator), abdominal, spinal, seizures and much more.
The HLTAID011 Provide First Aid Course involves working in pairs or groups to place the person in the recovery position, learn how to administer and use an Epipen and Asthma puffers. You will also learn and practice CPR on manikins on the floor.
In the past, the course has been referred to as: Senior First Aid, Apply First Aid or even Level 2 First Aid.
• How to properly assess an emergency situation
• CPR techniques on adults and infants
• Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
• Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
• Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
• Infection control procedures
• Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
• Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
• Assessing and moving sick & injured
• Legal responsibilities of a first aider
• Basic anatomy and physiology
• Managing shock
• And much, much more!
Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace:
- Course duration: 1 Day - Course fee: $ 79.00
- Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Award issued: Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for HLTAID003 Provide first aid - Re-certification Requirements: It is recommended this unit be -renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards