HLTAID003 Provide first aid
This course describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty.
• How to properly assess an emergency situation
• CPR techniques on adults and infants
• Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
• Managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
• Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
• Infection control procedures
• Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
• Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
• Assessing and moving sick & injured
• Legal responsibilities of a first aider
• Basic anatomy and physiology
• Managing shock
• And much, much more!
Those who are required to provide an emergency first aid response in a workplace:
- Course duration: 1 Day - Course fee: $ 79.00
- Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Award issued: Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for HLTAID003 Provide first aid - Re-certification Requirements: It is recommended this unit be -renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards