HLTAID004 Provide an
Emergency First Aid and
Response in an Education
and Care Setting
HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
This unit of competency has been approved by Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) who have deemed it to satisfy all requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training under the Education and Care Services National Law, and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
This course is suitable for anyone working in long day care, family day care, preschool and outside of school hours (OOSH) care services.
• CPR techniques on adults, children and infants
• Compliance with first aid sections of the Education and Care
• Services National Law and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
• Incident reporting in a child care setting
• Child physiology
• How to properly assess an emergency situation
• Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• First aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
• Managing medical conditions such as epilepsy
• Managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
• Infection control procedures
• Managing exposure to extreme temperatures
• Administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
• Assessing and moving sick & injured
• Legal responsibilities of a first aider
• Basic anatomy
• Managing shock
Those employed in the child care and education industry: activate to sort column descending
- Re-certification Requirements: It is recommended this unit be renewed every 3 years in line with industry standards.
- Prerequisite: There are no prerequisite, entry, work-placement, licencing or certification requirements for this course.
- Course fee: $ 129.00
- Course duration: 2 Days
- Award issued : Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting