LIFE IN AUSTRALIA
Before you leave your shores, you will need to know all about living in Australia, settling in, and student visa requirements.
It is so important to bring all the necessary documents with you and prepare for your trip. Things can go wrong when travelling and we want your path to go smoothly.
- Passport and Visa – Check that your passport is valid for at least 6 months prior to your arrival in Australia, and that you have all your student visa documentation. Make copies of your passport in case you lose your passport.
- Student enrolment and orientation documents – Take your electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) and student information pack (print out).
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) – This is a requirement for entry to Australia, so make sure you have your health cover policy arranged before you leave home.
- Travel Insurance – You should also consider travel insurance, which covers things your OSHC may not – such as cancelled flights, lost documents, dental or optical care, etc.
- Airfares – Make sure you are aware of the date and time of your flight. Keep your flight details in a safe place, with your passport and visa. Note down on paper what time to be at the airport.
- Contact details – You may want to carry a list of emergency contact details for family, as well as your embassy, accommodation and SSBT college campus details. If you used an education agent, keep their contact details on you, in case you need to contact them on arrival in Australia.
- Australian currency – There are money exchange places available at Australian airports and in cities, but we recommend to have some Australian currency on you prior to leaving.
- Transport from the airport – Have all the details ready, and if your travel has been arranged by SSBT, note the private transfer operator’s contact details. If you need a map to assist in getting to your accommodation from the airport, they will be available at the airport.
- Accommodation details – Make sure you have the address of where you will be staying, their phone number, and payment confirmation (if you have already paid for your accommodation).