Student Support Services


Settling Services


On settling in Australia, you’ll be able to finally get yourself set with a mobile phone plan and/or phone, a bank account with online access, and prepare for some work. This involves getting a Tax File Number, imperative for all employees.

If running a business yourself, you’ll need an ABN (Australian Business Number) – e.g. to work for Uber.

Find out how to:

  • Open a bank account
  • Buy a mobile phone plan
  • Apply for a Tax File Number from Aust. Tax Office
  • Apply for an ABN from Australian Business Register
  • Apply for a USI Unique Student Identifier