in Safe Food Handling
SITXFSA006 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices
The SITXFSA006 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices course is for all people supervising food operations in the Hospitality or Retail food industry sectors; as well as:
- Those who wish to be the Food Safety Supervisor and supervising workers in any state/territory; and
- Those required to implement a Food Safety Program
• Food safety hazards are identified, monitored and controlled as required by the Food Safety Program.
• Food safety information is recorded to meet requirements of the food safety program.
• Processes or conditions which could result in a breach of food safety procedures are identified and reported.
• Identify and monitor food safety hazards as required by the food safety program, which may include methods such as visual inspection, sampling and testing.
• Record results of monitoring and maintain records as required by the food safety program.
• Report practices or processes in own work that could result in unsafe food.
• Follow procedures to identify, separate and report product which is or may be non-conforming and/or implement other necessary corrective action within level of responsibility.
• Participate in investigating and reporting on unsafe food as identified by internal monitoring and/or customer complaints.
Those supervising food operations in the Hospitality or Retail food industry sectors: activate to sort column ascending
- Prerequisite: There are no prerequisite, entry, work-placement, licencing or certification requirements for this course.
- Award issued: Students who successfully complete this nationally recognised training will be awarded the statement of attainment for SITXFSA006 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices
- Course duration: 1 Day
- Course fee: $190.00